Self-regulation is the ability to manage your own energy states, emotions, behaviours, and attention, in ways that are socially acceptable and help achieve positive goals such as learning, maintaining good relationships, and achieving well-being.
Safe and Caring has partnered with The MEHRIT Centre and Dr. Stuart Shanker–one of Canada’s foremost experts in self-regulation–to develop a series of resources to help raise awareness of self-regulation and promote self-regulation practice in homes, schools and workplaces.
We are continuing to build this resource library; however, currently live on our resources hub are:
- What You Need to Know: Self-Regulation, A Parent’s Guide
- What You Need to Know: Self-Regulation, The Impact of Trauma
- Model: 5 Domains of Self-Regulation
- Model: 5 Steps of Self-Regulation
- Viewpoints: Expanding Our Understanding of the Meaning of Safe
- Viewpoints: Laying the Foundation for Self-Regulation
Learn more about these and other resources for yourself on our dedicated resource hub!