If you are bullied, recognize that it is not your fault, and know that you have the right to be safe.
To be safe, think SAFE:
Stand up for your self
Ask for help
Figure out your choices
End it calmly.
- If you are bullied, stand proud and make eye contact.
- Use a firm voice and tell the person who is bullying to stop–then walk away.
- Ask a friend to help you, and tell adults about the problem until someone helps.
- Think about different ways to handle the situation, but don’t name-call or get into a physical fight.
- Even though it might be difficult, show respect and treat the person who is bullying you the way you would like to be treated.
- Don`t believe any negative things the person who is bullying might say about you.
- Don`t blame yourself for the bullying, and don`t think that it`s “tattling” to ask for help. Not telling anyone will only allow that person to continue to bully you and others.