COMMUNITY: Pink Shirt Day Activities

safeandcaringCommunityLeave a Comment

Pink Shirt Day is a way for your community to stand together against bullying.  With Pink Shirt Day quickly approaching on February 26th, we felt is was only appropriate to share some of the Pink Shirt Day activities taking place in communities across Alberta!

Don’t forget to share your Pink Shirt Day photos with us on Facebook and Twitter by using the hashtag #albertapink

Calgary:

Edmonton:

• Safe and Caring will be taking part in some fun lunch-time activities with the students from Jasper Place High School. Of course, Niska will be on scene and from what we hear, some tasty goodies will be shared as well!
  • Thanks to Scotiabank, Safe and Caring will be attending the Oil Kings game with MLA Matt Jeneroux and 17 youth from G.H. Dawe School!  Watch for us on the big screen!
  • Safe and Caring HEROES Award recipients The Command Sisters will be hosting a free concert at the West Edmonton Mall Newcap Radio Stage (by HMV) from 4:30PM to 6:30PM.
  • University of Alberta students can attend the Mental Health Centre drop-in workshop in CAB 357 from 5:00PM to 6:30PM about ‘Witnessing Bullying: How to Cope and Respond’. This workshop is designed for students who are indirectly affected by bullying – via knowing someone who is being bullied or through witnessing bullying done to others.
  • University of Alberta students are encouraged to wear their pink shirts and join forces at 12:00PM in the TELUS Atrium to take a group photo.  This shows that you support bullying prevention efforts and help the Ualberta community kick off Pride Week.
  • “Pink It Forward” with TD Insurance and wear pink on Pink Shirt Day!

Lac La Biche:

Red Deer:

To see more Pink Shirt Day events taking place in communities across Alberta, please click here to visit the Alberta Human Services website.

pinkshirtjan29